I am a creature of habit, I really am! Fortunately I have no unhealthy habits that I am trying to beat- maybe the occasional sugar splurge, but you already knew that.
Here are a few more:
- I grocery shop every Monday. This will soon change with the upcoming school year routine, but let’s just say the folks at Trader Joes call me “Monday”, even if I show up on the odd Tuesday or Thursday.
- I absolutely need to read before going to bed, even if it is just a paragraph.
- I need at least 7 hours of sleep or I feel jipped the entire next day.
- It is optimal to wake up before my kids- I love to drink coffee and check blogs before the day starts.
- I need to make a list each week of all our family meals. This may be just plain organized, but it is a habit I do automatically each Sunday night for my Monday shopping trip.
- Okay, this is a bad habit…I drink out of my water carton using no glass. Don’t worry, I make sure if you are my guest that you don’t drink out of my carton.
- In the winter, I immediately put flip flops on while puttering about my house. Wearing socks is just annoying to me.
I think we are done here- before I bore whoever is reading, but I do have to say this…
My sweet Ellie (photo above) is getting a rude awakening this week on her ongoing “bad habit”. We have been forcing her out of bed at 8am to prepare for next week’s 7:15am wake up call- ugh. The 10:30am wake up call is definitely a fantasy she made up while hanging out in her “lounge” before bed at 11pm- yes, we have a night owl a habit we cannot break!