Every Spring and Fall I get focused on sewing for my girls. I’m really not sure why because I often feel frustrated and defeated. This year, my focus will be on simple skirts, tank tops and sun dresses. (thanks joannes for you $2 pattern sale this weekend!)
Considering that all 3 kids will need some new clothes for the upcoming warmer months, it’s a tad bit overwhelming especially when the cash flow is becoming stagnant. SO- I really am challenging myself with using fabric I have OR using my coupons here and there and MAKING SURE I SEW SOMETHING WITH IT THIS SEASON. Sure, I will buy some t-shirts for the girls but the rest will be made by my me…Simon will just be the one with all store bought clothes, I don’t do boys clothes…especially for an 8 year old.
Anyway, here are some details on the featured dress:
1. Burda 9978…why oh why did they discontinue this pattern?
2. I needed to make adjustments on the dress since the pattern was cut out for size 3. Why did I do this? I should have cut out the largest size and then trace…lesson learned.
3. Yes, Penelope is on our kitchen table.
4. Why? The light was bad today and so the table was our best bet.
5. I took about 50 photos of this kid. She made me crack up with all her modeling moves. Completely her doing.
6. I added the apron. I used a flour sack cloth that was meant for me to do some cute embroidered kitchen towels.
7. I’ve had this fabric for a long time and was waiting to use it for “something special”. Ever done this?
8. I totally enjoy having some embroidery to work on…I imagine that’s what some of you knitters experience while waiting for kids, watching movies, etc. I finished this apron on Saturday night while watching Babette’s Feast. I love that movie.
9. I’m in a winter slump. How can I be with this girl at my side? Maybe I need another photo shoot with her.
10. Anyone else finding themselves sewing more for themselves or their kids? What patterns are you using?
By the way, thanks for all the kind birthday wishes for my Simon!