…to everyone who followed me on my photographic journey. Posting everyday and sharing images of my life and letting them speak for themselves was a lot of fun!
I already knew that I go about my day composing photos in my head, but to have a reason was so gratifying…knowing I was sharing with all of you!
I honestly think I could do a photo a day without much “talking”, but there are times that a description or a story is also needed.
So…this is what I wanted to say over the last 30 days: (Ready, Go!)
1. My new attraction/addiction are these fantastic sandwich cookies! I have been known amongst my kids to give them an extra cookie when asked! I figured the quicker we go through the box, the better.
2. I am absolutely a creature of routine. Every morning I MUST unload the dishwasher before leaving the house and my dog needs at least one walk a day. I also expect all beds to be made in the morning and the kitchen table wiped down…
3. I also grocery shop every Monday morning with a list (a MUST!). AND on my way home, I always call my sister in Ohio.
4. Crazy, I know!
5. Nothing is more therapeutic than sunshine. I love the warmth on my back. I can take cloudy days- but once that sun comes out, I am thrilled!
6. Now that all of the leaves have fallen, one of my favorite things is finding all of the nests. My son and I get a kick out of counting all of the squirrels nests while we are out and about.
7. I drive to my kids’ school 3 round-trips, 3 days a week…enough said.
8. My daughter has entered the stage of “girl cliques”. She encountered some girls that were just causing plain trouble and she stuck up for herself.
9. One thing I want my children to learn early in life is that people who are bullies/unkind do not expect people to confront them!
10. I have learned to give specific chores to Ellie and Simon while I am at work! This isn’t always easy, but it helps me a great deal.
11. I truly believe my kids will have happy memories of their childhood. I can’t wait to learn what had left an impression on them when they are adults and can let me know…the good and the bad.
12. Sweet Tizzy is starting to give cute little “crooked grins”! She is almost 8 weeks!
13. This gorgeous photo (below) is by my husband. He used a Mamiya camera (large format) and printed in his school’s darkroom. There are 2 other prints of Si and Peppy, I’ll need to share them in the future.
14. He was also the creator of the bread on Day 30 and the French rolls filled with chocolate.
15. I love these rolls and have broken tradition for Thanksgiving morning…no scones- chocolate rolls please!
16. I posted more photos of Penelope than any other kid/husband/dog/me in this family. Can you tell who I spend my most time with?
17. I love my 3rd kid- the element of a “three ring circus” is worth it!
18. My really smart, really nice, really generous brother-in-law created my new “look” to my blog. Love it. Thanks Daniel.
19. Check out the note below from Ellie to my husband. Isn’t it nice that she wrote to him while he was on the phone? Why can’t they do that for me? Good thing I am not on the phone a whole lot…
20. Changes are good, but sometimes they can just plain stink and be very disappointing, sad, frustrating…
21. Did you know I have magical powers? A simple kiss to a bump or bruise seem to make things all better! Hope this can last forever.
22. I love looking around in my life and noticing the lessons people teach me…I am a grateful person.
23. My life is not perfect. As I write, my son is shouting “LIAR, LIAR!” to Ellie. Ugh, must stop this…emotions are erupting.
24. I still deeply miss this friend. Not a week goes by that I don’t relive the horrible memory of her loss.
25. On a much happier note- my pal Ollie gives me an enthusiastic greeting each time I get home from work. This was something I dreaded right after Bea died, somehow, Ollie has put himself in the role of greeter.
26. The pillows I posted last week are gifts for the kids. I found huge pillows at the Thrift store awhile back and KNEW these would make great gifts. I used fabric from my stash and did not buy one inch of fabric…loved using what I had!
27. Penny is clueless that one of these floor pillows (below) is a gift for her!
28. With an increase demand at work, I have had to let go of my expectations of handmade gifts for the kids. I am thoroughly disappointed, but know that this is a good lesson for me. I am giving up what I like (sewing, creating), and taking TIME to spend with kids, my husband, laundry, cleaning, cooking, working a lot, relaxing (when I can), and getting good sleep. January will soon come and hopefully I will have the time.
29. It appears to me, that Simon has an admirer at school. A friendly little girl seems to go out of her way to say hello to him. I love seeing his coy smile each time they see one another.
For one week, I sought to be spontaneous. Each of the kids had a friend from school or church come over at the last moment…I invited someone over for coffee, but a sick child prevented us from visiting…this is big for me.
I am slightly introverted. I know most of you who know me don’t believe this, but I really am…being alone is fine with me, but I also like to get to know people. I found that trying to socialize with people is just exhausting. Consulting a calendar, etc. is just not the way I like to lead my daily life. SO, spontaneity was a success!
I truly appreciated all of your comments. This blog gives me such a valuable outlet- never did I imagine that my Mac would be one of my best friends!
I hope everyone has a terrific Thanksgiving.I know I am fully prepared to relax and enjoy my family. I have the champagne chilling for mimosas and the bacon all ready for Thursday morning.
I am absolutely not expecting a pity party, but these last couple days and tomorrow night AND Wednesday have been/will be incredibly crazy for me at work. Don’t get me wrong, I love the energy and satisfaction that comes with a lot of work! I can not begin let you all know how incredible my sister and her husband are…they are the most dedicated, hard working people I know (and they are doing all of this with a newborn!). I’ll be giving myself a break and will look forward to posting over the weekend.